Biskit Blog

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

The Thing About Guilt . . .

I bleach my teeth. That's my big guilty secret of the moment. Now, I'm not Catholic, though I understand Catholics bear a heavy burden of guilt for many things. My best friend in high school was Catholic. My ex-husband was Catholic. He didn't seem to practice, that I could tell. But I do understand the concept. I was raised Southern Baptist -- yep, church and all -- which has an inordinate amount of guilt of its own. Just ask my sister. But, that's another story. Or, blog, these days. My high school boyfriend (BF) was a couple of years older than me, which was a difficult thing to justify to my mother in its own right. Hell, having a real "go on a car-date" boyfriend at just-turned-sixteen was enough to send her into spasms. The fact that he was 19 and drove a Mustang GT . . . well, let's just say that it took a lot of honesty, care, adoration, and charm to bring her around. It helped that he really liked me a lot, too. (Ask me about the time BF, me, Mandy, and Ira got stuck in the mud in the GT out at the river . . . it really is a good story!) Anyway, back to the point . . . BF's dad was a deacon at the Baptist church that I started to attend once we began to date in earnest. You see, his father was much like my mother in their aspirations that their children walk the straight-and-narrow and end up as decent human beings. His father adored me; my mother adored him. Our parents adored each other. We all still do. But, this made for an unbearable sexual tension between my boyfriend and I, the likes of which, I believe, was the origination of the Big Bang Theory. This went on for, well, quite a while. Oh, how we suffered! Now, years later . . . my big guilty secret is bleaching my teeth. I just happened to think of my high school guilt while I was filling those little trays. But, there are SO many more stories . . . Well, I need to get some sleep now. You can message me or leave comments if you want the rest of the story. I never said I wasn't a tease. And I never said I didn't put out in the end . . . I'M SO WRONG ON SO MANY LEVELS!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home